1. Was Galloway's political campaign, the Mariam Appeal, subsidised indirectly by Saddam Hussein's regime via the Jordanian businessman Fawaz Zuriekat?Now Galloway has accepted the invitation to appear before the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, we might get some answers to these questions – or we might not. My hunch is that if he actually goes to Washington, Galloway will stick to insisting loudly that he has not personally received a penny, that he was vindicated in his libel action against the Telegraph and that he's the victim of an elaborate imperialist set-up.
2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, did Galloway know?
3. And if it's yes to 1 and no to 2, did Galloway ask Zuriekat where his money came from?
4. Was the Mariam Appeal used by Zuriekat to launder oil-for-food receipts back to Saddam's regime?
5. If the answer to question 4 is yes, did Galloway know?
12 May 2005
THE BIG LIE? - 3
And yet another thing. I agree with Harry that this isn't primarily about Galloway personally trousering large wads of wonga. The questions are:
Posted by Paul Anderson at 13:01